Friday, August 9, 2013

The last day of one.



Tonight my baby will go to sleep as a one year old and wake up as a two year old. This will occur at 4:23am, to be exact. It’s hard to believe that I’ve had him for two years already, yet it seems like yesterday that he was born. I remember that memory vividly, because it was the best moment of my life. I think in a lot of ways, my life began the moment that I held him for the first time.
I watch him sleep from time to time because he still reminds me of that baby I once held, so innocent and sweet. When he’s awake, he transforms into a little boy.
Wyatt is a playful and cheerful little boy. He loves to help around the house and clean. I always catch him playing with the Swiffer mop, or using a paper towel to clean the floor. He pretends to wash his hands in his play kitchen sink and likes to “wash his hair” when playing in the kiddie pool. He also enjoys brushing his teeth and combing his hair. I can’t believe how much he likes to do “grown up things” and watches us closely so that he can imitate our daily actions.
Wyatt loves to read books and has started memorizing certain books and can recite them accurately, as he turns the pages. He absolutely loves the movie Cars and asks to watch it nearly every day. He now repeats lines from the movie and points out different characters to us to tell us their names.
Wyatt has a play kitchen where he does his best cooking. He often either makes coffee or broccoli. He will pretend to eat his play food by making “nom nom” noises and slobbering all over it. He always shares his soggy food with us too.
One of Wyatt’s favorite toys is a pool hose. It’s about 2.5 feet long and he calls it his elephant. He likes to carry his elephant around and blow out the one end of the hose like it’s a trunk. He often asks us to do the same. He even insisted on taking elephant to daycare with him on morning. It was difficult to explain his elephant trunk (aka pool hose) to his teachers.
Wyatt is starting to understand things like only receiving his pacifier at bed time and during naps. We ask him to remove it when he gets up and leave it in the bed. He is also starting to recognize his body and when he soils his diaper he makes us aware that it’s wet and needs to be changed.
Wyatt loves Hershey Park and all of the rides they have to offer. His favorite is the train and he also likes the rockets and cars. He often insists on Glen riding with him. He’s really blossomed from that scared little guy that hated everything new to somewhat of an adventurous little guy.
Wyatt’s speech blows me away! He is talking in full sentences and is specific with his desires and needs. He had a mosquito bite on his leg the other day and he said “my leg is itchy”. He also asked Glen to “put the elephant on your mouth and make a noise”. He also asks for very specific things to eat and drink during certain times of the day. He is also a super napper! He still takes a 2 hour nap every day and when we tell him it’s nap time, most of the time he walks upstairs and gets in his own bed and put himself to sleep. It’s pretty miraculous, really.
This is the last night that I will sneak into Wyatt's bedroom and kiss the forehead of a one year old. For tomorrow he will be two! I truly couldn't imagine my life without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment